The A-2 leather jacket, also known as the bomber jacket, was originally used by Air Force pilots during World War 2. It's a vintage aviation fashion icon made with premium quality leather from the only true American military outerwear manufacturer, Alpha Industries.
- Superior goat skin leather that is baby soft to allow for flexibility and comfort but will keep you warm in the cold.
- Two flapped pockets with snaps. The military required these style pockets since soldiers weren't allowed to walk around with hands in their pockets - they were meant only for carrying cargo. If the jacket had slash pockets instead the military felt that soldiers would place their hands in there.
- Nickel pull down zipper with storm flap and a hook closure at the top. Air corps logo stitched as well.
- Leather collar that stays in place.
- Epaulets on both shoulders.
- Knitt cuffs to keep you warm and for a sleek design.
- Brown waistband finish for warmth, protection, and to remain looking kempt.
- Made for cooler climates to resemble the weather that military men experienced when flying high with their planes.
The United States Army Air Corps chose this jacket due to it's streamlined design, lightweight groat skin leather yet heavy duty exceptional craftsmanship. Today Alpha Industries continues that tradition by bringing back the A-2 goatskin leather jacket.